India is a beautiful place with some incredibly wonderful places. This country is filled with a rich cultural mix and you will find that everything from language to tradition to food is different in each state. Winters are really special in India and if you are looking to travel during winter, you have a lot of great places you can consider visiting.
Here is a list of places you can visit during winter.
- The Beautiful Jaisalmer: This is a beautiful place, which has a lot of palaces, forts and havelis. Winter is the best time to visit this place; you can visit these historical places during the day and go on a desert safari during the evening. This region has so many beautiful scenic places, which you will surely enjoy witnessing. The surrounding areas like Bikaner, Jaipur and Jodhpur are all really great places with wonderful history; these places cannot be missed during winter. You can devise a plan to visit Jaisalmer.
- The Awesome Manali: If you are planning to visit a hillstation during winter in India, then your obvious choice has to be Manali. You can plan your family vacation, a honeymoon or you can even go on a winter vacation to this place. The snow-covered hills are a treat to watch. If at all you happen to plan your vacation during the time of Dusshera, then you can visit the temples in Kullu to witness thegrand celebrations.
- The One and Only Goa: Goa is one place that has no particular season to visit, though November and December is the time when a large number of people visit.This place is open all seasons. It will be the perfect beach holiday destination for you. As December is when it is winter in India, you could plan a trip to Goa and you will have too many places to visit as the Christmas and New Year celebrations would have commenced from the start of the month. There is also the Sunburn festival that happens once in a year during this time.
- The Mesmerizing Shillong: This is a beautiful place with many waterfalls, amazing sceneries and some of the best national parks. There are some real good lakes and also caves. If you are a nature lover, you will love Shillong for sure. The weather is very pleasant and extremely enjoyable in this region during winters. This is a must-visit place if you want to just unwind from your hectic lifestyle and enjoy the beauty of the nature.
- The Adventurous Nainital: If you love to explore the wild life and go on a jungle safari or experience adventurous elephant rides, then Nainital is the place for you. The Uttarakhand region also has river rafting, boating and national park. The weather is more enjoyable here during winter as the region is filled with fog.
- The Cool Kodaikanal: How can you miss out on Kodaikanal when it is winter? This is one of the most beautiful hill stations down south. It has some places worth visiting; the weather is so cold that you would love to be here to enjoy your winter. Plan a vacation with your family to Kodaikanal.
These are some of the best places to visit in India during winter.